How to be more productive?
To become more productive, I started watching youtube channels like Ali Abdaal, Thomas Frank etc who will tell you how to get more things done in a given time. I personally felt this doesn’t work for me.
I achieved my productivity mantra when I read One Thing by Garry Keller. It says all great things are achieved by doing one most important things at a time. This resonated me and I implemented it in my routine.
Now, I follow the below steps
- Create a list of tasks to be done and give a label based on their urgency and impact. So, each task is tagged with any of the following label:
- Urgent and High Impact (P1)
- Urgent and Low Impact (P2)
- Not Urgent and High Impact (P3)
- Not Urgent and Low Impact (P4)
- Do the highest priority task first and the others in priority orders
- Review the list daily: add, edit and delete
My definition of productive is getting important things done.
I sleep for 8 hours, wake up and sleep at the same time, do yoga in the morning and have a walk in the evening. These activities increase my energy by multiple folds. I also spend time thinking about what to work on.